Hey, it wake up to the best of us. Once you"re hungry and also have just a couple of minutes (or a couple of bucks), fast food calls the end to you. Yes, quick food is greater in sodium than it should be. Yes, rapid food has tendency to be devoid of fruits, vegetables, and also fiber. But, there room some healthy fast-food options out there. You simply need come know exactly how to order.
You are watching: Healthy meals at fast food places
I"m going to list 21 healthier quick food entrees below, but that"s only component of the story. First, save these 3 restaurant rules in mind:
Healthier Fast-Food dominion No. 1: it is in Cautious about Condiments
Half the fat grams in Arby"s Southwest Chicken Wrap and their can be fried BLT wrap come native the ranch sauce or mayonnaise. Think it! Some fast food condiments include a many fat and calories -- like mayonnaise- and also oil-based sauces. Others are reduced in calories and also have no fat, despite they will add some sodium. Usage a tiny catsup, mustard, marinara, or BBQ sauce rather of creamy sauces and also spreads. Half a packet of BBQ sauce or honey-mustard sauce from most fast-food chains, because that example, will certainly add about 23 calories, no fat grams, and about 80 milligrams the sodium.
Healthier Fast-Food preeminence No. 2: Watch out for side Dishes
Anything top top the next that"s fried is suspect, prefer French fries and onion rings. If you need something to keep your entree company, look because that fresh fruit cup or side salads (and use half a packet of the reduced-calorie dressing). The other choice is to carry your very own fruits and also vegetables from home. Don"t laugh -- I"ve done this lot of of times!
Healthier Fast-Food preeminence No. 3: Look the end for liquid Calories
The last point you require when eat at a fast-food chain is to drink miscellaneous that provides you calories without nutrients, favor soda, sweetened tea, lemonade, and fruit drinks. It"s also worse if your drink is likewise loaded through fat -- prefer shakes. Choose either a no-calorie beverage (like water, unsweetened tea, or diet soda) or one that contributes part nutrients together with its calorie (like low-fat milk or 100% orange juice).
See more: Gun Safe Coffee Table For Sale, Best Gun Concealment Furniture To Buy In 2021
That said, below are 21 healthy entree choices from well-known fast-food chains:
1. KFC honey BBQ Sandwich280 calories3.5 grams fat60 mg cholesterol780 mg sodium3 grams fiber32 grams carbohydrate14 grams protein
2. KFC soft Roast Sandwich (without sauce)300 calories4.5 grams fat1,060 mg sodium2 grams fiber28 grams carbohydrate37 grams protein
3. Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich270 calories3.5 grams fat1 gram saturated fat940 mg sodium3 grams fiber33 grams carbohydrate28 grams protein
4. Hardee"s Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich340 calories4 grams fat1 gram saturation fat60 mg cholesterol1,070 mg sodium3 grams fiber40 grams carbohydrate33 grams protein
5. Carl"s Jr Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich360 calories4.5 grams fat1 gram saturated fat60 mg cholesterol1,150 mg sodium4 grams fiber48 grams carbohydrate34 grams protein
6. Wendy"s ultimate Grill Sandwich320 calories7 grams fat1.5 grams saturated fat70 mg cholesterol950 mg sodium2 grams fiber36 grams carbohydrate28 grams protein
7. Arby"s Grilled Chicken Cordon smoke Sandwich (without mayo)390 calories8 grams fat2 grams saturated fat25 mg cholesterol1,563 mg sodium2 grams fiber49 grams carbohydrate41 grams protein
8. In-n-out Hamburger (with onion, mustard, and catsup instead of spread)310 calories10 grams fat4 grams saturated fat35 mg cholesterol730 mg sodium3 grams fiber41 grams carbohydrate16 grams protein
9. Taco Bell Fresco format Bean Burrito330 calories7 grams fat2.5 grams saturated fat0 mg cholesterol1,200 mg sodium9 grams fiber54 grams carbohydrate12 grams protein
10. KFC stove Roasted Twister (without sauce)330 calories7 grams fat2.5 grams saturated fat50 mg cholesterol1,120 mg sodium3 grams fiber39 grams carbohydrate28 grams protein
11. McDonalds Grilled Snack Wrap with Honey Mustard OR Grilled Snack Wrap through Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Each:260 calories8 grams fat3.5 grams saturation fat45 mg cholesterol820 mg sodium1 gram fiber27 grams carbohydrate18 grams protein
12. Taco Bell Fresco format Steak burrito Supreme330 calories8 grams fat3 grams saturation fat20 mg cholesterol1,250 mg sodium7 grams fiber48 grams carbohydrate16 grams protein
13. Jack in package Chicken Fajita Pita (no salsa)280 calories9 grams fat3.5 grams saturated fat60 mg cholesterol1,110 mg sodium2 grams fiber30 grams carbohydrate21 grams protein
14. Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Cool Wrap410 calories12 grams fat3.5 grams saturated fat70 mg cholesterol1,310 mg sodium8 grams fiber46 grams carbohydrate34 grams protein
15. Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad180 calorie (260 through 2 Tbsp. Reduced Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette)6 grams fat (8 grams v raspberry vinaigrette)3 grams saturation fat65 mg cholesterol620 mg sodium (810 mg with raspberry vinaigrette)3 grams fiber9 grams carbohydrate (24 grams v raspberry vinaigrette)22 grams protein
16. Taco Bell Fresco layout Zesty Chicken Border key (without dressing)350 calories8 grams fat1.5 grams saturated fat25 mg cholesterol1,600 mg sodium10 grams fiber51 grams carbohydrate19 grams protein
17. McDonalds Southwest Salad v Grilled Chicken
(includes cilantro lime glaze and also a Southwest vegetable/bean blend)320 calories9 grams fat3 grams saturated fat70 mg cholesterol970 mg sodium7 grams fiber30 grams carbohydrate30 grams protein
18. Arby"s Martha"s Vineyard Salad -- not including dressing
(includes grilled chicken, diced apples, cherry tomatoes, cheddar, cranberries, and lettuce)277 calories8 grams fat4 grams saturation fat72 mg cholesterol451 mg sodium4 grams fiber24 grams carbohydrate26 grams protein
19. Carl"s Jr Charbroiled Chicken Salad (with low-fat balsamic dressing)295 calories8.5 grams fat3.5 grams saturated fat75 mg cholesterol1,190 mg sodium5 grams fiber21 grams carbohydrate34 grams protein
20. Arby"s Santa Fe Salad v Grilled Chicken -- not consisting of dressing
(includes cherry tomatoes, red onion, corn and black beans, cheddar, and also lettuce)283 calories9 grams fat4 grams saturation fat72 mg cholesterol521 mg sodium6 grams fiber21 grams carbohydrate29 grams protein
21. McDonalds asian Salad through Grilled Chicken
(includes mandarin oranges, almonds, edamame, eye peas, and red bell peppers)300 calories10 grams fat1 gram saturation fat65 mg cholesterol890 mg sodium5 grams fiber23 grams carbohydrate32 grams protein
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, is the "Recipe Doctor" for the buzzpatterson.com weight Loss Clinic and also the writer of numerous publications on nutrition and health. She opinions and also conclusions are her own.